The Carson City Library is reopening with limited services in accordance with Nevada's Roadmap to Recovery plan. Please visit carson.org/covid19 for information relating to city services.
When You Visit
- Beginning June 8, 2020 the library is open limited hours Monday through Friday, 1 - 6 pm.
- Curbside pickup appointments are available Monday through Friday 10 am - 12 pm. Call (775) 283-7590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to make an appointment.
- Help the library stay open! Masks or face coverings are required to be worn inside the library building. Don't have a mask?
Ask for one at the front desk (limited availability). Face coverings should cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible.
- Browse and check out books, movies, audiobooks and music during open hours.
- Place holds online through the library catalog and pick them up at the library or make a curbside appointment.
- At this time seating, computers, and digital equipment are not available. The @Two Digital Media Lab and Capital Makers makerspace are closed.
- Wifi is on in the library and can also be used in areas of the parking lot close to the building.
- Participate in virtual programs wherever you are.
- Access library databases and our OverDrive ebooks, audiobooks, and streaming video at home or on the go.
- Stand-up express computer stations are now available on the first floor. Usage is limited to 30 minute sessions.
Things to Know
- Items may be returned to the outside book drops or inside during open hours
- As always, the Carson City Library does not charge overdue fines
- Check our calendar for current hours and information on virtual programs
- All outreach and homebound services are suspended
- Learn more about using your library from home
- Carson City residents without a library card can get an Instant Digital Card when signing into our OverDrive collection or request a temporary Internet library card through Ask a Librarian for access to all digital resources
Keep in Touch
- Email us questions through Ask a Librarian
- Ask Hank for digital book recommendations for kids
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates and virtual programs
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for virtual programs and activities
- Get emailed updates on programs and resources by signing up for our newsletter
Information on COVID-19