The Carson City Library building will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, November 24 in response to the increase in local COVID-19 transmission
and the Governor's Statewide Pause for Nevada. Please visit carson.org/covid19 for information relating to city services.
- Beginning November 24, 2020 the library is open for curbside pickup only.
- Curbside pickup appointments are available Monday through Friday 10 am - 12 pm and 3 pm - 5 pm. Beginning 12/5, pickup will
also be available Saturdays 1 - 4 pm.
- Call (775) 283-7590 or email email@example.com at least
24 hours in advance to arrange curbside pickup.
- Need help picking out books? Ask a Librarian for some recommendations or for a surprise grab bag of
books and movies.
- Make sure that you have received notification that your items are ready for pickup before stopping by.
- Call (775) 283-7590 during pickup hours to let us know you have arrived to pick up your items.
- Masks or face coverings are required for staff and visitors to the Carson City Library. Face coverings should cover your nose and mouth at
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible.
- Place holds online through the library catalog and pick them up at the library or make a curbside appointment.
- Participate in virtual programs and view past recorded programs on our YouTube channel.
- Access library databases and our OverDrive ebooks, audiobooks, and streaming video at home or on the go.
- Wifi is on in the library and can also be used in areas of the parking lot close to the building.
- At this time seating, computers, and digital equipment are not available. The @Two Digital Media Lab and Capital Makers Makerspace are closed.
Things to Know
- Checkout times have been extended.
- Items may be returned to the outside book drops at the front of the building and back drive-through 24 hours a day. Please only use these bins
for library materials, contact the Friends of the Carson City Library at the Browsers Corner Bookstore regarding book donations.
- As always, the Carson City Library does not charge overdue fines.
- Check our calendar for current hours and information on virtual programs.
- All outreach and homebound services are suspended.
- Learn more about using your library from home.
- Carson City residents without a library card can request a temporary Internet library card through Ask a Librarian for access to all digital resources.
Keep in Touch
Information on COVID-19