The Carson City Library welcomes your support through donations. Donations provide opportunities to enhance book and e-book collections and to
fund programs and events that might otherwise be out of financial reach for the library to provide.
Donations of books and other physical materials are accepted by the Friends of the Carson City Library and should be brought to the Browsers Corner
Local authors are welcome to contact our collection development team at email@example.com if they wish to provide donations of their own works for the library's collection.
The Library is unable to accept donations of ebooks or other e-content purchased for individual use.
Monetary Gifts for Library Collections
- Magazine Sponsorship — Contact us to be added to our yearly periodicals sponsorship drive.
- Book Sponsorships — Individuals or organizations are invited to work with our collections team to sponsor books.
- Memorials — Make a memorial donation in honor of a friend, relative, or valued member of the community.
To contact the Collection Development team regarding donations to support the library's collections, please call 775-283-7599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monetary Gifts for Technology and Programming
Contact the Director, Sena Loyd by email at email@example.com, or call 775-283-7591
Technology Equipment Donations
The library accepts donations of digital devices (such as old kindles, cameras or video cameras). To donate these items to the Carson City Library
contact the Director, Sena Loyd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 775-283-7591
For more information see the section on Gifts in the Carson City Library Policy.
Donating to the Friends of the Carson City Library
The Friends of the Carson City Library accept donations of physical books, magazines, and audiovisual materials in good condition to be resold
at the Browsers Corner Bookstore. Proceeds from these sales are used to support functions of the Carson City Library. A drive-up drop box
is available in front of the store at 711 E. Washington St., across the street from the library.
For donations of materials larger than 3 boxes, please call 775-884-4043 and ask for Patti Ferguson to make an appointment.
Browsers Corner Friends of the Carson City Library Donation Rules:
Friends of the Carson City Library
711 E. Washington Street
Carson City, NV 89701
Email the Friends of the Carson City Library
Visit the Friends of the Carson City Library page
- If your donation is 3 or more boxes we would like you to please call and make an appointment to bring them in. This will allow us to spread
out the large donations and give us time and space to process them, Please call the store at 884-4043 and ask to speak to Patti Ferguson.
She is in the store almost every morning but will return your call if you miss her.
- Please bring your donations in boxes or other containers that you do not need back. We don't have the space or the staff to unload multiple
boxes while you wait.
- Your smaller donations are welcome any time. During store hours (9:30 to 5 for the winter) bring them inside and give to person at the
counter. During closed hours put them in the drop box. Do not leave any donations outside.
- Please remember, we are selling used books. We are not a thrift store. We really appreciate your books, magazines, puzzles, games, movies
and music, but we do not want any other types of donations. No household goods, clothing, furniture or equipment of any kind. There
are several good thrift stores in town that will take these kinds of donations.
- We sell gently used books, etc. So take a good look at your donation and if it is not in a condition that you would want to buy then we
probably wouldn't sell it either. Put all of these unacceptable items in the same box and label it recycle only and we will gladly
recycle it for you so you don't have to send it to the dump. This also goes for old, outdated textbooks and encyclopedias or reference
books. These types of books cannot be sold, so we will recycle them for you. Again, put them all in a box and label it recycle only.